Citrus Memorial Hospital was founded in 1957 as the area’s first healthcare institution for residents in Citrus and surrounding counties. Over the years, the hospital has evolved into a comprehensive system equipped to meet the needs of the growing community.
- A 198-bed in-patient facility
- A 24-hour emergency room
- Laboratory Management Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Walk-in Clinic
- Home Health agency
- Rehabilitation services
- World Class Heart Center
- Orthopaedic services
As one of the county’s largest employers, Citrus Memorial Health System is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
At Citrus Memorial, you can expect quality care throughout the course of your stay and beyond. We’re proud to be a leading healthcare provider, recognized both locally and nationally for amazing patient outcomes. Here are some of our latest achievements:
- Ranked among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery
- Recipient of HealthGrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award
- Recipient of the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Joint Replacement
- Ranked among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery
- Recipient of HealthGrades General Surgery Excellence Award
- 5 Star Rated in Stroke by HealthGrades
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and Agency for Health Care Administration
- Top Tier Rated Heart and Vascular Center by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Recipient of Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology
- 5 Star Rated in Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism by HealthGrades
- 5 Star Rated in Treatment of Sepsis by HealthGrades
- Named one of Top Two Hospitals in the Nation for Lowest Readmission Rates by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology in CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, Ultrasound
- Accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Ranked among Top 5% in Nation in Patient Safety by HealthGrades
- To learn more about our recent awards and accolades click here.
Citrus Memorial Health System exists to improve the health and quality of life of the people and communities we serve.
As the region’s leading healthcare organization, Citrus Memorial empowers its community of caregivers to continuously strive for perfection in quality, safety, service and financial integrity.
Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Knowledge, Commitment, Accountability, Trust and Humor.
Medical Staff Services
Physicians and physician office staff may call 352-560-6327 or fax 352-560-6372 for Medical Staff Services.