Hospitals and medical centers can work wonders, but the real healing generally begins in the comfort and privacy of your own home. As the county’s only hospital-based program, Citrus Memorial Home Health Agency was developed to help shorten inpatient stays, ease the transition from the hospital to home, provide a safe alternative to nursing care facilities and make life easier for caretakers.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, the gold standard for quality care.
Citrus Memorial Home Health Agency’s services include:
- Skilled nursing services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Medical social worker
- Home health aide
To qualify for home health care, you must meet the following criteria for coverage:
- The patient must be “homebound,” meaning that he or she cannot leave home without assistance. Absences from home are short and infrequent or just to receive medical treatment. Care is provided wherever the patient considers “home,” whether it be the patient’s house, an assisted living facility or nursing home.
- The patient must need part-time and intermittent skilled services.
- The patient’s physician must order and direct home health services. Working closely with your referring physician, home health clinicians will develop an individualized treatment plan. Some treatment plans include:
- Post-operative care
- Rehab therapy services
- IV infusion
- Tube feedings
- Wound care
- Disease management
- Pain management
- Patient and caregiver education
- Anodyne therapy and ultrasound
Since 1990, Citrus Memorial Home Health Agency has provided services for Citrus and surrounding counties. We are licensed to serve Citrus, Marion, Sumter, Hernando, and Levy Counties. Most insurance plans are accepted.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact the Home Health Agency at (352) 344-6425 or toll free (800) 749-6467.
Medicare license number 202520951.