Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 ½ cups all purpose four 2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda ¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar substitute 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsp canola oil 1 large egg
2 tsp grated lemon peel 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups plain lowfat yogurt 1 cup fresh blueberries
Cream cheese Frosting:
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, cut into cubes 1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar ¼ cup sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and spray liners with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Place sugar substitute, butter and oil in a large bowl and beat at medium speed with electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat in egg, lemon peel and vanilla. Add flour mixture and yogurt alternating into sugar mixture. Stir well after each addition. Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- To make frosting, place cream cheese in medium bowl and beat until smooth. Add in vanilla, powdered sugar and sucralose. Beat at low speed until blended. Increase to high speed and beat until smooth. Refrigerate fro 15 to 30 minutes before icing cupcakes.
Makes 12 servings.
159 kcal; 7 gm total fat; 3 gm sat fat; 4 gm PRO; 22 gm CHO; 29 mg cholesterol; 1 gm Dietary fiber; 251 mg sodium
Exchanges: 1 ½ starch; 1 fat.