Yield: 3 dozen cookies
1 1/3 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
2/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter
¼ cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350’F. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter and vanilla.
3. Add the Splenda and granulated sugar to the peanut butter mixture. To this, add half of the flour mixture. Mix well. Add the egg and the remaining flour mixture. Mix until just blended.
4. Roll the dough into small balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.
5. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies with the prongs of a fork. Bake the cookies for about 20 to 23 minutes or until browned. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Serving size: 2 cookies
Calories 150; 6 gm fat; 4 gm protein; 18 gm CHO; 20 mg cholesterol; 80 mg sodium.
EXCHANGES: 1 starch; 1 fat