6 cups water
1 ¾ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup pourable sugar substitute
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
¼ cup cholesterol free egg substitute
¼ cup reduced fat margarine
2 tsp vanilla
¼ cup quick cooking oats 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 ½ oz pecan chips (about 1/3 cup total) 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325F. In large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes, return to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 18-20 minutes or until very tender when pierced with fork. Drain in colander, shaking off excess liquid.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine topping ingredients, except syrup. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat until smooth. Add sugar substitute, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, if desired, egg substitute, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt (if desired), egg substitute, margarine and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Coat 9 inch glass deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. Spoon potato mixture into pan. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over all. Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To serve, drizzle syrup evenly over all.
Makes 8 servings.
204 kcal; 8gm total fat; 2gm sat fat; 3gm PRO; 32gm CHO; 0mg cholesterol; 4gm fiber; 120 mg sodium.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat