Katie Myers, APR
Office: (352) 344-6501
Public Relations responds to media inquiries and disseminates news about Citrus Memorial Hospital and its entities, including:
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Rehab and Aquatics
- Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods
- Citrus Primary Care Group
- Inverness Surgical Associates
- Genesis Women's Center
The Citrus Memorial Public Relations staff is available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, locating a media resource spokesperson, or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
News Articles List
Citrus Memorial is offering a free orthopedic and spine seminar on Wednesday, August 22 at 5:30pm at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club, 509 ...
Citrus Memorial Hospitalis offering a free sepsis seminar on Tuesday, August 7 at 11:30am at the Citrus Memorial Health Foundation YMCA in Lecanto...
Fifteen physicians from across the country received long white coats at Citrus Memorial Hospital’s inaugural resident White Coat Ceremony, formally...
Inverness Surgical Associatesis offering a free skin cancer seminar on Tuesday, July 31 at 4:00pm at the Citrus Memorial Health Foundation YMCA...
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) has awarded Citrus Memorial Hospital its highest possible three-star rating, demonstrating high-quality...
Citrus Memorial is offering a free breast cancer seminar on Wednesday, July 25 at 4:00pm at the Citrus Memorial Health Foundation YMCA in Lecanto...
"Sometimes when Brooklyn Barrie walks into her small but cozy apartment, she pinches herself to make sure it's real."
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome Dr. Raul Pinon as ER Medical Director.
"The nine-inch long scar that runs the length of Marilyn Hancock's chest signifies the club she belongs to and the criteria for admittance......
"By the time a heart patient makes it into Citrus Memorial Hospital for help, much of the damage is often already done..."
News Related Content
Federal Privacy Law Media Guidelines:
The following standards apply to ALL media inquiries per federal privacy laws (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act):
- Media inquiries must contain the specific, accurate patient name.
- As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, we may release the patient's one-word condition without obtaining prior written patient authorization. The patient has the option to expressly state that he or she does not want information released, including confirmation of his or her presence in the facility.
- Any medical information beyond the one-word condition requires written authorization by the patient or patient's legal representative. Note: public agencies (police, fire/rescue) are not bound to the same standards.
- Videotaped or recorded interviews, photographs, or any direct interaction with a patient requires written patient authorization.
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician assessment
- Good - Patient's vital signs are stable and within normal limits; patient is comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Patient's vital signs are stable, but he/she is uncomfortable or may have minor complications; indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Patient is acutely ill and vital signs may be unstable, but there is a chance for improvement; indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; there may be major complications and indicators are unfavorable.