Katie Myers, APR
Office: (352) 344-6501
Public Relations responds to media inquiries and disseminates news about Citrus Memorial Hospital and its entities, including:
- Citrus Internal Medicine Associates
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Rehab and Aquatics
- Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods
- Behavioral Health Transitions at Citrus Memorial
- Citrus Primary Care Group
- Inverness Surgical Associates
- Genesis Women's Center
- Orthopedic Associates of Citrus
The Citrus Memorial Public Relations staff is available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, locating a media resource spokesperson, or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
News Articles List
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce that Ultrasound Technologist Jill Catalane recently received her American Registry for Diagnostic...
Meet our new Director of Neuro-Telemetry
Citrus Memorial Hospital recently announced the appointment of Caroline Stewart, MBA, MSN, RN as Chief Nursing Officer.
Citrus Memorial Hospital today announced that it has received five stars for the quality of its coronary bypass surgery and was named among America's...
Members of the Citrus Memorial Hospital medical staff were recognized at their recent Physician Annual Meeting. Distinguished Service Awards ...
Tiffany O’Briski was recently named Student Volunteer of the Year at Citrus Memorial Hospital.
Citrus Memorial Hospital will present a heart seminar on Wednesday, September 30 at 5:30pm at the Plantation on Crystal River in the Magnolia...
Citrus Memorial Hospital today announced the appointment of William Gamba as ER Director.
Citrus Memorial Hospital recently announced the appointment of Glenn Romig as Chief Financial Officer.
9/11 Memorial Stair Climb and Fitness Challenge Planned
The Silver Award recognizes high standards and was recently awarded to Citrus Memorial Hospital.
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is a minimally invasive procedure to assess gastrointestinal and lung diseases.
Austin Reimer, RN was recently announced 2014 Employee of the Year at Citrus Memorial Health System.
Kami Fisher, BS, CHS and Colby McClain, EMT, CHS have recently obtained certification in hyperbaric medicine.
Citrus Memorial is offering a free health seminar on Tuesday, February 17 at 1:00 p.m. in the Auditorium on the main hospital campus.
News Related Content
Federal Privacy Law Media Guidelines:
The following standards apply to ALL media inquiries per federal privacy laws (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act):
- Media inquiries must contain the specific, accurate patient name.
- As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, we may release the patient's one-word condition without obtaining prior written patient authorization. The patient has the option to expressly state that he or she does not want information released, including confirmation of his or her presence in the facility.
- Any medical information beyond the one-word condition requires written authorization by the patient or patient's legal representative. Note: public agencies (police, fire/rescue) are not bound to the same standards.
- Videotaped or recorded interviews, photographs, or any direct interaction with a patient requires written patient authorization.
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician assessment
- Good - Patient's vital signs are stable and within normal limits; patient is comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Patient's vital signs are stable, but he/she is uncomfortable or may have minor complications; indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Patient is acutely ill and vital signs may be unstable, but there is a chance for improvement; indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; there may be major complications and indicators are unfavorable.