Katie Myers, APR
Office: (352) 344-6501
Public Relations responds to media inquiries and disseminates news about Citrus Memorial Hospital and its entities, including:
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Rehab and Aquatics
- Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods
- Citrus Primary Care Group
- Inverness Surgical Associates
- Genesis Women's Center
The Citrus Memorial Public Relations staff is available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, locating a media resource spokesperson, or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
News Articles List
Citrus Memorial congratulates Daphne Okonkwo for attaining the prestigious international credential, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality...
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome Drs. Michael Jacoby and Parth Patel to its active medical staff.
"Citrus Memorial Hospital has a neat new toy geared toward better results for surgical patients..."
The Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit organization committed to driving quality, safety, and transparency in the U.S. health care system, recently ...
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome Dr. Honey Milestone to its active medical staff. Dr. Milestone is a member of Genesis Women's ...
“The Heart Truth” on Tap at Citrus County YMCA in November
Citrus Memorial Hospital performed its first-ever robotic surgery on Friday, October 20.
Citrus Memorial Hospital was recently recognized by Mended Hearts as a Regional Hospital of the Year.
Citrus Memorial Hospital will present a seminar that focuses on stroke and atrial fibrillation on Wednesday, October 11 at 6:30pm.
Support of Perioperative Nursing Certification Lauded by Competency and Credentialing Institute.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of the da Vinci Si Surgical System.
Today the Citrus County Board of County Commissioners issued a proclamation honoring July 11, 2017 as Citrus Memorial Hospital 60th Anniversary...
Citrus Memorial Hospital recently presented to an employee the Frist Humanitarian Award which recognizes the highest achievements in serving ...
Nurses at Citrus Memorial Hospital are being honored with the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. The award is part of the DAISY Foundation’s...
At a Nurse Year in Review gala event held during National Nurses Week, Maria Fortus, RN, Eddy Duncan, MD, Heather Buschena, RN, and Lauren Fussell...
At a ceremony held during National Hospital Week, Jesse Maguire was named Citrus Memorial Hospital’s Employee of the Year.
Mae McClernon and Billy Fondren were recently named Volunteers of the Year at Citrus Memorial Hospital. An additional accolade was awarded to...
Doug Hutchison and Ginny Lorenzi were recently recognized as volunteers of the month at Citrus Memorial Hospital.
The Citrus Memorial Hospital Relay For Life Team will host a celebrity bartending event to benefit the American Cancer Society on Thursday, March...
Citrus Memorial Hospital will present an Orthopedic seminar on Wednesday, March 29 at 5:30pm at Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club in the Hampton...
Henry and Joan Soucy, Don and Cindy Israel, and Larry and Sandi Phillips were recently recognized as volunteers of the month at Citrus Memorial...
Citrus Memorial Hospital recently announced the appointment of Basia Puchala, RN, MSN as the director of its surgery and orthopedics floor.
Citrus Memorial Hospital will present a heart health seminar on Wednesday, February 22 at 5:30pm at the Plantation on Crystal River in the Magnolia...
Three officers of the CMH Volunteers were recently recognized for serving a combined total of 45 years with Citrus Memorial Hospital.
News Related Content
Federal Privacy Law Media Guidelines:
The following standards apply to ALL media inquiries per federal privacy laws (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act):
- Media inquiries must contain the specific, accurate patient name.
- As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, we may release the patient's one-word condition without obtaining prior written patient authorization. The patient has the option to expressly state that he or she does not want information released, including confirmation of his or her presence in the facility.
- Any medical information beyond the one-word condition requires written authorization by the patient or patient's legal representative. Note: public agencies (police, fire/rescue) are not bound to the same standards.
- Videotaped or recorded interviews, photographs, or any direct interaction with a patient requires written patient authorization.
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician assessment
- Good - Patient's vital signs are stable and within normal limits; patient is comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Patient's vital signs are stable, but he/she is uncomfortable or may have minor complications; indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Patient is acutely ill and vital signs may be unstable, but there is a chance for improvement; indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; there may be major complications and indicators are unfavorable.