Katie Myers, APR
Office: (352) 344-6501
Public Relations responds to media inquiries and disseminates news about Citrus Memorial Hospital and its entities, including:
- Citrus Internal Medicine Associates
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Rehab and Aquatics
- Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods
- Behavioral Health Transitions at Citrus Memorial
- Citrus Primary Care Group
- Inverness Surgical Associates
- Genesis Women's Center
- Orthopedic Associates of Citrus
The Citrus Memorial Public Relations staff is available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, locating a media resource spokesperson, or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
News Articles List
Citrus Memorial Hospital today announced the completion of its first surgical case using a highly advanced robotic surgery system. The surgery...
In recognition of the Citrus Memorial Heart and Vascular Center and its mission to educate the community on heart health, City of Inverness...
Dr. Michele Cofield joins Genesis Women's Center.
Citrus Memorial Hospital (CMH) recently announced that it will open an outpatient behavioral health unit offering two recovery programs.
After a years-long trend of stagnation or declines in the number of physicians working in Citrus County, the number of doctors moving here is...
Employees at Citrus Memorial Hospital were honored recently at an event to thank them for their years of service.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is moving to help ease a dangerous shortage of mental health care professionals in Citrus County.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is looking to slow the trend of heart disease with a new, less invasive heart procedure.
The first baby of the year at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Major Mihalik, was born Jan. 2, 2019.
News Related Content
Federal Privacy Law Media Guidelines:
The following standards apply to ALL media inquiries per federal privacy laws (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act):
- Media inquiries must contain the specific, accurate patient name.
- As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, we may release the patient's one-word condition without obtaining prior written patient authorization. The patient has the option to expressly state that he or she does not want information released, including confirmation of his or her presence in the facility.
- Any medical information beyond the one-word condition requires written authorization by the patient or patient's legal representative. Note: public agencies (police, fire/rescue) are not bound to the same standards.
- Videotaped or recorded interviews, photographs, or any direct interaction with a patient requires written patient authorization.
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician assessment
- Good - Patient's vital signs are stable and within normal limits; patient is comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Patient's vital signs are stable, but he/she is uncomfortable or may have minor complications; indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Patient is acutely ill and vital signs may be unstable, but there is a chance for improvement; indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; there may be major complications and indicators are unfavorable.