Katie Myers, APR
Office: (352) 344-6501
Public Relations responds to media inquiries and disseminates news about Citrus Memorial Hospital and its entities, including:
- Citrus Internal Medicine Associates
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Rehab and Aquatics
- Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods
- Behavioral Health Transitions at Citrus Memorial
- Citrus Primary Care Group
- Inverness Surgical Associates
- Genesis Women's Center
- Orthopedic Associates of Citrus
The Citrus Memorial Public Relations staff is available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, locating a media resource spokesperson, or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
News Articles List
At a Nurse Year in Review gala event, Maura Naruta, RN, BSN, Michele Cofield, MD, Janis Cobo, Jennifer Losse, RN-CEN, Samantha Williams, MD and...
Citrus Memorial Hospital broke ground today on a $1.8 million Graduate Medical Education Center. The 15,857 square foot center will feature classrooms...
At a ceremony held during National Hospital Week, Suzanne Thompson was named Citrus Memorial Hospital's Employee of the Year.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome Dr. Mityanand Ramnarine as ER Medical Director.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is offering free stroke seminars during May in recognition of American Stroke Month. Seminars will be held at the Citrus...
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome urological surgeon Dr. Raj Ayyathurai to its medical staff. He is a member of Advanced Urology...
Lynnette Edwards and Jeff Shields were recently named Volunteers of the Year at Citrus Memorial Hospital.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is pleased to welcome Dr. Ashok Buddhadev to Genesis Women's Center in Inverness.
There is new hope for Citrus County residents with heart valve disease, who cannot tolerate traditional open heart surgeries. This March, Citrus...
"It had been almost 20 years since Kimberly Juiliano set foot into her favorite pizza restaurant, but longtime employees still remembered her...
Shannon Rossi's labor pains started early in the morning, about the time her blood pressure started unexpectedly climbing. Days later, there ...
On March 15, more than two months ahead of schedule, Citrus Memorial Hospital opened the last phase of its renovated Emergency Room.
About one in eight people over 75 have a degenerative condition known as aortic stenosis, which is a deterioration and partial closing of the...
Citrus Memorial Hospital today announced it had been named a Florida Unique Abilities Partner.
Citrus Memorial Hospital announced the completion of its first Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) in its Heart and Vascular Center...
Citrus Memorial Hospital today announced the completion of its first surgical case using a highly advanced robotic surgery system. The surgery...
In recognition of the Citrus Memorial Heart and Vascular Center and its mission to educate the community on heart health, City of Inverness...
Dr. Michele Cofield joins Genesis Women's Center.
Citrus Memorial Hospital (CMH) recently announced that it will open an outpatient behavioral health unit offering two recovery programs.
After a years-long trend of stagnation or declines in the number of physicians working in Citrus County, the number of doctors moving here is...
Employees at Citrus Memorial Hospital were honored recently at an event to thank them for their years of service.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is moving to help ease a dangerous shortage of mental health care professionals in Citrus County.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is looking to slow the trend of heart disease with a new, less invasive heart procedure.
The first baby of the year at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Major Mihalik, was born Jan. 2, 2019.
News Related Content
Federal Privacy Law Media Guidelines:
The following standards apply to ALL media inquiries per federal privacy laws (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act):
- Media inquiries must contain the specific, accurate patient name.
- As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, we may release the patient's one-word condition without obtaining prior written patient authorization. The patient has the option to expressly state that he or she does not want information released, including confirmation of his or her presence in the facility.
- Any medical information beyond the one-word condition requires written authorization by the patient or patient's legal representative. Note: public agencies (police, fire/rescue) are not bound to the same standards.
- Videotaped or recorded interviews, photographs, or any direct interaction with a patient requires written patient authorization.
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician assessment
- Good - Patient's vital signs are stable and within normal limits; patient is comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Patient's vital signs are stable, but he/she is uncomfortable or may have minor complications; indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Patient is acutely ill and vital signs may be unstable, but there is a chance for improvement; indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits; there may be major complications and indicators are unfavorable.