Citrus Memorial Volunteer of the Year Donna Page.
Donna Page was recently named the 2014 Volunteer of the Year for Citrus Memorial Health System. She has volunteered at Citrus Memorial for over eight years, serving most recently as Information Desk Hostess and chairperson of Courier Services.
“Donna is the epitome of what a volunteer should be – happy, helpful and kind,” said Sandi Phillips, Citrus Memorial Volunteer President. “When I presented her with the award she said she didn’t expect recognition for doing what she loves.”
Page has served more than 5,500 hours with Citrus Memorial.
Citrus Memorial staff and volunteers are responsible for nominating the Volunteer of the Year. In order to be nominated, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Active membership in the Citrus Memorial Hospital volunteer program.
- Demonstrates remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of hospital patients, staff and other customers of the hospital.
- Performs extraordinary acts of kindness, thereby contributing to the customer service image of the hospital.
- Has a positive effect on others.
- Willingly performs duties, as requested or identified.
- Day-to-day performance is dependable, consistent and people-oriented.
About the Citrus Memorial volunteer program
The Citrus Memorial Volunteers began in 1957 with 26 volunteers who were affectionately called the Pink Ladies. By 1962 the group had grown to over 200 volunteers and began recruiting candy stripers. Today, Citrus Memorial Hospital’s volunteers include over 450 men and women working in locations throughout the county including Citrus Memorial Hospital and Citrus Memorial Healthcare Center at Sugarmill Woods. For information on volunteering at Citrus Memorial call (352) 560-6298.