April 24, 2018
Hilda Vasseliou and Randy Allen were recently named Volunteers of the Year at Citrus Memorial Hospital. "Hilda is the epitome of a great volunteer who comes in every day with a smile and a positive attitude." said Manager of Volunteer Services Penny Zaphel. "And, Randy is enthusiastic, reliable and always ready to serve our patients and families. We are so lucky to have both of them."
Hilda Vasseliou has been a Citrus Memorial Hospital Volunteer for nearly 25 years. She serves as a Same Day Surgery hostess, sometimes as often as four days per week. Her other CMH volunteer accomplishments include the Presidential Award and Volunteer of the Month.
Randy Allen has completed 10,000 hours of service at Citrus Memorial. A volunteer in the Emergency Room, Randy is known for going the extra mile. He trains student volunteers and mentors them during their service at the hospital. In his 16 years as a CMH volunteer, he has served as an officer of the volunteer organization, was chosen volunteer of the month and has earned the Presidential Award.
Additional awards were bestowed upon seven volunteers who gave service that directly impacted patient satisfaction or was beyond the scope of their assigned service. Recipients of the Above and Beyond Awards include:
- Tom Luter
- Kitty Emmons
- Phyllis Powell
- Clyde Powell
- Gerry Aron
- Jeff Shields
- Lynnette Edwards
Citrus Memorial staff and volunteers are responsible for nominating the Volunteer of the Year. In order to be nominated, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Active membership in the Citrus Memorial Hospital volunteer program.
- Demonstrates remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of hospital patients, staff and other customers of the hospital.
- Performs extraordinary acts of kindness.
- Has a positive effect on others.
- Willingly performs duties, as requested or identified.
- Day-to-day performance is dependable, consistent and people-oriented.