May 01, 2017
Doug Hutchison and Ginny Lorenzi were recently recognized as volunteers of the month at Citrus Memorial Hospital.
Doug Hutchison is dedicated to the Emergency Room. He volunteers in the ER several times per week, often working weekends and holidays. "Doug is dependable, kind and caring," said Volunteer Manager Penny Zaphel. "All the best qualities a volunteer can possess."
Ginny Lorenzi, volunteers twice per week. She is the smiling face patients see when they enter the Medical Office Building, where she greets everyone with great care. She also serves as the hospital's gift shop clerk. "She's a loyal volunteer and we appreciate her reliability and caring attitude," said Zaphel.
Citrus Memorial staff and volunteers are responsible for nominating the Volunteer of the Month. In order to be nominated, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Active membership in the Citrus Memorial Hospital volunteer program.
- Demonstrates remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of hospital patients, staff and other customers of the hospital.
- Performs extraordinary acts of kindness.
- Has a positive effect on others.
- Willingly performs duties, as requested or identified.
- Day-to-day performance is dependable, consistent and people-oriented.
About Citrus Memorial Volunteer Services
The Citrus Memorial Volunteers began in 1957 as an Auxiliary. After the hospital was purchased by HCA, a non-profit group call CMHS Volunteers Inc. was formed to manage the Gift Shop and other fundraising efforts that would benefit students with scholarships and support non-profits groups within the community. Today, Citrus Memorial Hospital's volunteers include over 350 men and women working in over 20 departments - plus 230 clergy serving patients and families. For information on volunteering at Citrus Memorial call 560-6298.